My Other Blogs

Monday, February 3, 2014

These nails are all about texture!

These nails are all about texture!

So the middle two nails are just one of those sandy textured polishes.  This particular one is by Milani and you can get it at Wal-Mart and most drug stores.  I am not used to wearing polishes without topcoat, but topcoat pretty much ruins the effect.  Thankfully it dries pretty fast on its own.

The pinky and pointer are just gray with big funky glitters.  They aren't meant to be textured, but after two thick coats of topcoat I can still feel them and I've already started picking at them.  These might not last past tomorrow.  Or tonight.  😂

Saved the best for last - the thumb.  I saw this technique when I was catching up on reading nail blogs the other day and I just HAD TO TRY IT.  So you paint down your color, then put on the topcoat, then let it get ALMOST dry, then poke it.  😂  It's that simple.  I used one of my dotting tools, but I'm sure that the round part of a pin would do it, as would a hair pin.  Not sure if a toothpick would work since the wood might catch the polish, but anything smooth probably would.

I have to admit that I've groped my nails all day.  They feel so neat.  My favorite is the thumb because you can feel the dents.  I'm also a big fan of the sandy ones.  They feel really nice when you itch.  😃

No comments:

Post a Comment