My Other Blogs

Friday, April 25, 2014

I got a SHITLOAD of nail polish today.

I got a SHITLOAD of nail polish today.  Not only did my Nail Mail from Ashton arrive, but Sally's was having a half off of their clearance prices sale, PLUS, I had a $5 off and 15% off coupon, so yeah.

Ashton sent me a pack of polish that I asked her to grab for me, but then she included a bunch of surprise polish - all of which are Juleps (they don't sell them anywhere I go!), so of course I didn't already have them.  Yay for that!  SUPER THANK YOU.  You totally made my day!  😃

Then at Sally's like I said - sale and coupons.  Good combo.  😃  I spent $26 and I got 20 polishes (including the whole FingerPaints Kaleidoscope Collection), plus a cuticle oil that smelled nice and two pairs of tweezers.

So... before you all start thinking that I'm INSANE for buying that much nail polish I will go ahead and confess something:

I am using it.  Besides for just painting my own nails.  😃

I am pretty shy about saying this kind of stuff, but I have a Polish ALL The Things! booth at the Fair on the Square in Jacksonville tomorrow.  I am going to be doing simple stamping nail art for $10 (kind of like face painting, but it'll last longer), and handing out business cards so maybe that will get me some business doing kid parties.  For real, screw salons - kid parties sound like so much fun to me.  😃

NOT ONLY THAT, but I have printed some nail tattoos that I will sell.  I can do custom nail tattoos and decals easy enough.  AND, this is the crazy part... I am making nail art jewelry.  😳  Most of my supplies didn't come in until today (super suck!), but that just means I have to get off the Internet and get started.  I have some stones painted already, but they are so large I have nothing to set them in.  They are a great size for necklaces, though.  If things go over well tomorrow I will buy more parts and do necklaces and maybe REALLY make some stuff and try to do OxfordFest.  I don't know.  I don't want to get ahead of myself.  But my plan for tonight is to do earrings and rings.

I wasn't going to post photos of my large "practice stones" but here they are as I imagine that most people won't have a clue what I meant when I said "nail art jewelry."  I have a few with stamping that I haven't photographed yet.  And some holographic stones.  Those will be beautiful in the sunlight tomorrow.  🙂







No comments:

Post a Comment