My Other Blogs

Thursday, January 23, 2014

As you can see I have nubs here.

So... I've gone like 3 weeks without doing anything noteworthy to my nails.  I have over a hundred nail blog posts to catch up on reading in my feed.  HOLY COW.

As you can see I have nubs here.  I have been working around the house a lot and using my hands a lot.  Like, I'm always cleaning stuff and washing my hands, but lately with the house repairs and re-arranging that was just above and beyond what my hands and nails were used to withstanding.  So most of my nails broke off.  I'm sure that the neglect, (in addition to all of the abuse), didn't help.

As much as I dislike it they'll grow back, and la la la.

So this is something I've wanted to try for a while.  It took minimal effort.  All it required was a few different shades of nail polish.

What you do is put down your bottom color and make sure it's a nice coat or two.  Then with the rest of the colors when you pull the brush out of the bottle wipe off as much of the polish as you can.  Like, get it as dry as you can without going too crazy.  Then smudge what's left onto your nails.  I think this is called a "grunge" look, but I am 3 weeks out of the loop so don't hold me to that.  😛

I kind of wish I'd used more color under the black.  You can see it, but not really enough.  I was afraid I'd end up covering all of the yellow, but I'll know better for next time.  Kind of looks like vomit, doesn't it?  😂

This gives a similar effect to the crackle polishes, but in this case you can control how much of the underneath colors show.  With crackles you just have to put them down and let them do their thing.  And you can't really layer those too well.  So, just a little something easy to try.  Post some photos if you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment