My Other Blogs

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Doing nails with my guy.

6:23 pm:  These nails are not mine.  In fact, I didn't even do them.  They belong to my Shaun-love and he did them himself with his own polish and stamping kit.  😃😃😃  Look people:  If I can find a man that loves me with all of my strangeness and even joins me in my not usually man-friendly hobbies then I know there is someone out there for everyone.  😉

Back to the nails - he only wears really dark colors - mostly black, and red or silver metallics.  He also likes a matte topcoat, but he didn't get to use it this time because I was bumming it, (as you'll see in my next photo).  On a more manly note he does clean his cuticles with his knife... where I just use polish remover and a pointy cotton swab.  😂


6:35 pm:  This is my trial experimenting with a matte topcoat.  Shaun uses one frequently, but I never have put one on more than just briefly.  The main reason for that was because the matte topcoat I had would leave little white goobies on top of your polish when it dried.  Which... as much work as I sometimes put into my nails you can forget me doing anything that might gank them up.

For anyone interested, the matte with the goobies is by Hard Candy at Wal-Mart.  We found a new one by NYC at Wal-Mart this past weekend which is what I'm wearing now.  No issues at all!  I put it on different kinds of polish to see how it would look.  On my thumb it's only on half of the nail.  It's also on my first and ring finger.  I left the middle and pinky shiny to show the difference.  I actually really like the look it gives so I'll definitely by trying it again the future.  😃

No comments:

Post a Comment